Terms and Conditions. These terms and conditions contain legal obligations. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site.
Disclaimer. You expressly understand and agree that: (a) this site and any of the services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and that this site makes no warranties, representations or conditions (as used in this section “warranties”) of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement and that any such warranties are hereby expressly disclaimed, and (b) this site specifically makes no warranties that as it or any of its services, including any content, information, products or services obtained from or through the use of this site or any of the services, will be provided on an uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free basis or that such services or the results derived there from will meet your requirements or expectations.
Payment and Terms. Taxes and Fees. Prices for items and services do not include any taxes or administrative fees. Any taxes and administrative fees, if applicable, are defined as individual line items, and are the responsibility of the customer.
Returns, Refunds, and Cancellations. The sale of event tickets and contest entries are considered final and cannot be returned, refunded, or cancelled once the event has begun or the specific contest entry deadline has passed. Any disputes or discussions for specific item return, refunds, or cancellations must be addressed with the Event Director of the event. As specified by the Event Director, approved returns, refunds, or cancellations of processed charges may take place at the event and may be processed with a separate check. For any questions not covered in this section, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request more details.
Limitation of Liability. You expressly understand and agree that in no event shall this site, including its affiliates and licensors, be liable for any damages whatsoever, including any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages, and any damages for loss of profits, savings, goodwill or other intangible losses, regardless of whether this site had been advised of or could have foreseen the possibility of such damages, arising out of or in connection with: (a) the use, inability to use or performance of any of the services of this site, or (b) any unauthorized access to or modification to any of your content or transmissions, or (c) any other matter relating to this site or any of the services.
The processing of personal data, such as the name, date of birth or email address of a data subject shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in accordance with the country-specific data protection regulations applicable to our company. By means of this data protection declaration, our organization would like to inform the general public of the nature, scope, and purpose of the personal data we collect, use and process. Furthermore, data subjects are informed, by means of this data protection declaration, of the rights to which they are entitled.
As the controller, we have implemented numerous technical and organizational measures to ensure the most complete protection of personal data processed through this website.
However, Internet-based data transmissions may in principle have security gaps, so absolute protection may not be guaranteed. For this reason, every data subject is free to transfer personal data to us via alternative means or ask us modify or delete data.
1. Definitions. Our data protection declaration should be legible and understandable for the general public, as well as our customers and business partners. To ensure this, we would like to first explain the terminology used. In this data protection declaration, we use the following terms:
a) Personal Data. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, a date of birth, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
b) Data Subject. Data subject is any identified or identifiable natural person, whose personal data is processed by the controller responsible for the processing.
c) Processing. Processing is any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
d) Restriction of Processing. Restriction of processing is the marking of stored personal data with the aim of limiting their processing in the future.
e) Profiling. Profiling means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyze or predict aspects concerning that natural person’s personal preferences, interests, behavior, location or movements.
f) Controller or Controller Responsible for the Processing. Controller or controller responsible for the processing is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data; where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria for its nomination may be provided for by Union or Member State law.
g) Processor. Processor is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
h) Recipient. Recipient is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall be in compliance with the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing.
i) Third Party. Third party is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorized to process personal data.
j) Consent. Consent of the data subject is any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
3. Name and Address of the Controller. The Controller is:
Texas Hoedown LLC
11318 Still Hollow Drive
Frisco, TX 75035
Cookies used for usage analytics do not contain personal data. In such case users are identified with a unique ID (non-readable and meaningless characters string).
The data subject may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies through our website by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. If the data subject deactivates the setting of cookies in the Internet browser used, our services will no longer work properly.
6. Collection of Data. We may collect and process different types of data about you.
• First name (mandatory)
• Last name (mandatory)
• Date of Birth (mandatory)
• Email (mandatory)
• Dance experiences
• Social networks links (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google)
• Phone number
• Browser name and version (retrieved automatically)
• Device (retrieved automatically)
• Operating System (retrieved automatically)
• Screen Height (retrieved automatically)
• Screen Width (retrieved automatically)
• Browser user agent (retrieved automatically)
• Device operating system (retrieved automatically)
• Event visited (retrieved automatically)
• Country from where the user uses the Service (retrieved automatically)
• Visited pages (retrieved automatically)
• Date and time of visit (retrieved automatically)
• Notification settings:
• Allow participants to email or give me a call to the user if a phone number is set
• Email notifications
• Push notifications
In addition to this set of data the event organizer using the Service may freely add fields to the registration forms. The data collected in these fields will be stored and used only in the context of the specific event he is working on.
We will only collect information that is necessary for us to provide you with our products and services. We collect your personal information in various ways, such as via application or forms, via Internet if you transact with us online or could be over the phone. The personal information collected and stored by us about you generally includes your name, your date of birth, email and optionally phone number, social pages web addresses as provided by you to us. Where practicable, we will give you the option of interacting with us anonymously.
This data and information are stored in secured, encrypted databases, not connected to the open Internet. This means this data cannot be accessed without establishing a secured and authenticated connection with our web servers.
Additionally, we collect technical and usage data such as: browser types and versions, device, operating system used by the accessing system, pageviews and any other similar data.
When using these general data and information, we do not draw any conclusions about the data subject. Rather, this information is needed to deliver the services correctly and provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack. We also analyze anonymously collected data and information statistically, with the aim of getting better understanding of our user experience and expectations, increasing the data protection and data security of our enterprise, and to ensure an optimal level of protection for the personal data we process.
7. Registration, Collecting the Data. The data subject has the possibility to register on the website or application of the controller with the indication of personal data. Which personal data are transmitted to the controller is determined by the respective input mask used for the registration. The personal data entered by the data subject are collected and stored exclusively for internal use by the controller, and for his own purposes.
The registration of the data subject, with the voluntary indication of personal data, is intended to enable the controller to offer the data subject contents or services that may only be offered to registered users due to the nature of the matter in question. Registered persons are free to change the personal data specified during the registration at any time, or to have them completely deleted from the database of the controller.
The data controller shall, at any time, provide information upon request to each data subject as to what personal data are stored about the data subject. The data controller shall correct or erase personal data at the request or indication of the data subject.
We may retain your Personal Data as long as you are registered to use our services. You may close your account by contacting us. However, we may retain personal data for an additional period as is permitted or required under applicable laws. Even if we delete your personal data it may persist on backup for an additional period of time for legitimate and lawful business purposes.
8. How do we use the information we collect?
In order to process our Service
• To register a new customer, create and maintain your customer account
• To manage our relationship with you through personal emails and phone calls
With our licensed events and their third-parties
• Keep you posted on our latest updates, special offers, and event professionals’ information through newsletters
• Share necessary information when taking advantage of some of our services (mainly registration services)
• Transfer Personal Data to a third country or to other international organization
In order to run the Service and support our legitimate business interests, provided such
interests are not overridden by your interests and rights. You have the right to object at any time.
• To login to the Service
• To make use of the Service
• To allow you to participate in interactive features
• To assist in providing the highest level of customer care
• To improve our products
As a responsible organization, we do not use automatic decision-making or profiling. It is not part of the data processing we perform.
9. Contact Forms. Data subject may contact our organization via a form or an email. In such case the personal data transmitted by the data subject are automatically stored. Such personal data transmitted on a voluntary basis by a data subject to the data controller are stored for the purpose of processing or contacting the data subject. There is no transfer of this personal data to third parties.
10. Period for which the Personal Data will be Stored, Routine Erasure and Blocking of Personal Data. The criteria used to determine the period of storage of personal data is the respective statutory retention period. We retain information for active account as long as it is necessary and relevant to run our Service. In addition, we may retain information from closed accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, and take other actions permitted by law.
If the storage purpose is not applicable, or if a storage period prescribed by the European legislator expires, the personal data may be routinely blocked or erased in accordance with legal requirements.
11. Reminder of the Rights of the Data Subject.
a) Right of Confirmation. Each data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller the confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed. If a data subject wishes to avail himself or herself of this right of confirmation, he or she may, at any time,
contact the controller.
b) Right of Access. Each data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller free information about his or her personal data stored at any time and a copy of this information. The data subject shall have a right to obtain information as to whether personal data are transferred to a third country or to an international organization. Where this is the case, the data subject shall have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards relating to the transfer.
c) Right to Rectification. Each data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the data subject shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement. If a data subject wishes to exercise this right to rectification, he or she may, at any time, contact the controller.
d) Right to Erasure (Right to be Forgotten). Each data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay, and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies, as long as the processing is not necessary:
• The personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
• The personal data have been unlawfully processed.
• The personal data must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject.
If one of the aforementioned reasons applies, and a data subject wishes to request the
erasure of personal data stored, he or she may, at any time, contact the controller. One of our members shall promptly ensure that the erasure request is complied.
e) Right of Restriction of Processing. Each data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
• The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
• The processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests instead the restriction of their use instead.
• The controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If one of the aforementioned conditions is met, and a data subject wishes to request the restriction of the processing of personal data stored, he or she may at any time contact the controller. One of our members will arrange the restriction of the processing.
f) Right to Data Portability. Each data subject shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which was provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. He or she shall have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided.
Furthermore, in exercising his or her right to data portability, the data subject shall have the right to have personal data transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically feasible and when doing so does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
In order to assert the right to data portability, the data subject may at any time contact our team.
g) Right to Object. Each data subject shall have the right to object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, at any time, to processing of personal data concerning him or her. This also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
We shall no longer process the personal data in the event of the objection, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If we process personal data for direct marketing purposes, the data subject shall have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning him or her for such marketing. This applies to profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. If the data subject objects to the processing for direct marketing purposes, we will no longer process the personal data for these purposes.
In addition, the data subject has the right, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, to object to processing of personal data concerning him or her by us for scientific or historical research purposes, or for statistical purposes, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
In order to exercise the right to object, the data subject may contact our team.
h) Automated Individual Decision-making, including Profiling. Each data subject shall have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or
her, or similarly significantly affects him or her, as long as the decision:
• is not necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between the data subject and a data controller, or
• is not authorized by local laws to which the controller is subject to and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard the data subject’s rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, or
• is not based on the data subject’s explicit consent.
If the decision (1) is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between the data subject and a data controller, or (2) it is based on the data subject’s explicit consent, Texas Hoedown shall implement suitable measures to safeguard the data subject’s rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, at least the right to obtain human intervention on the part of the controller, to express his or her point of view and contest the decision.
If the data subject wishes to exercise the rights concerning automated individual decision-making, he or she may, at any time, contact us.
i) Right to Withdraw Data Protection Consent. Each data subject shall have the right to withdraw his or her consent to processing of his or her personal data at any time. If the data subject wishes to exercise the right to withdraw the consent, he or she may, at any time, contact us.
11. Social Media Policy. Texas Hoedown welcomes participation on our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/texashoedown.dance) and encourages you to interact with us often and to comment about the content you find there.
We do not discriminate against any views, but administrators of official Texas Hoedown Facebook pages do reserve the right to delete the following, or to block users who post the following:
• Obscenity, nudity, derogatory, defamation or hate speech (Speech/comments that targets people, groups or organizations including the Texas Hoedown and Event Directors based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, criminal conduct, or any other protected status)
• Comments/posts that threaten to harm individuals, groups or organizations
• Commercial advertisements or solicitations of funds
• Advertisement of non-Texas Hoedown events or activities
• Endorsement or encouragement of illegal activities
• Multiple off-topic posts or repetitive posts that are copied and pasted
• Personal information including but not limited to e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, or mailing addresses
In short: Be respectful. Be smart. Be human. Add to the discussion, and help grow our community in constructive ways.
This policy was last modified November 2022